Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When Exams Happen...

I received a friend's update on my phone yesterday, it stated: I think I preferred my one month of ignorant bliss, mcat scores = reality.

Then I read connie's blog about what she saw when she looked in the mirror. And it hit me. Why did I not blog about this last week? When I was assumably a mess?

I was blowing through movies, in a sad attempt to disembark the hounding sounds of "must not fail" chants running through my head. I was procrastinating to a whole new level. Homework was half hazardly strewn all over the place. I was even in the library more than once last week and turned down a movie premier and free lunch to study! This is what happens when exam time rolls around. We all become this infatuated with perfection, forgetting about the vanity and showers we so adored in the beginning of the semester. I mean... Sunday! I wore a repeat dress! I haven't repeated dresses for a long time now since I got myself a bunch of new ones. Which just means, its time to buy some more. But really, I didn't wear the new dresses because I haven't done laundry for 2 weeks, and everything is piled in the bag. So five loads will be done today, if its the last thing I do anyways. It's pitiful what happens when you let yourself go in the aggressive ploy to be a great student! Oh... the rambles have come. Time to log off!

No comments:

Post a Comment