Monday, April 26, 2010

Gratitude Greedy?

So this is going to sound and seem very petty. However, I was reading about this somewhere and it starting to make me think. I have a "friend", that I am not sure I can call a friend. However, for now we will just state the person as "friend". I sent "friend" a nice birthday gift, hoping "friend" could make good use of it and enjoy it and I thought maybe with a nice birthday card and note or what not, that they would at least call, or write an email or send a note to say....thank you. 2 months later. Still nothing. But "friend" raved all about using said gift for the world to hear, and yet, I am still waiting for the "thank you".

I know its petty to want a thank you, but I have seen this on other people's complaint walls, and I thought, it happens, sometimes people forget, but you let it go, however, "friend" who has an issue receiving gifts is suddenly without gratitude. I am just a little irked by it I guess. Its minimal, and maybe its going on with the flowing emotional stream running through my system right now, but it kind of got to me when I "heard" "Friend" go on about using said gift, and I still haven't heard from "friend" in MONTHS. (insert bitter here) I guess if friend no longer wanted to be friends, this worked. I am so over trying.

[It's at the end of ones life that we learn to appreciate the littlest friends we love and want to hold on to.]

I don't think if this was anybody else in my spectrum of friends it would bother me, but "friend" for some reason makes me just bitter on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment