Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reconnecting... #1

Recently I have been given the opportunity to reconnect with friends and I am taking it for all that its worth. Amy is the first person on my list of friends from afar that I was able to reconnect with. I have not seen her since December 2006... amidst the finals that we were suffering through, it was December 14 that was the last time I saw her. We were friends while at school in VA... she was a finishing school, I was just starting. She was the RA... I was friends with a girl on her floor. And I lived in the house down the street with 2 friends that were purely VA friends. I loved Amy, she was so sweet and nice and really a person I could look up to at the bright eyed age of 17. And I was sad when I moved back to CA, and she well... grew up. Finds out the through the world of mormon blogging... that she had moved to CA only 18 months ago and was about to move back to TX with her husband! Her husband! She got married, and I knew about it from facebook, she had a baby... knew about that from facebook also. I sent her messages and facebook comments and she did the same thing for a long time. And finally, after a little careful blog reading it dawned on me that she was but an hour away from me! 1 hour! And so I decided on a whim to call her and meet up! And it was the best decision ever. We both regret not know the other was so close, but it was worth a couple hours of bonding and hopefully another spur of a future relationship building. I miss Amy... and check out her blog.

This is baby Mina in her carseat sleeping. I can't believe Amy is a mommy... she was meant to do this job!

I learned about maturity and friendship and commitment from Amy when I was in VA... and here in CA... she taught me how to tear a phone book in half.. the lessons will never end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made a comment on my blog, because Dru closed the window that you pulled your blog up on so I wasn't able to add it. Now I get to go back and read your entire blog! It was so great to see you and Mina looks so cute in the dress you got her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing at that last picture and caption!

    ReplyDelete