Saturday, December 12, 2009

Obsessive Sale Shopper

Ever since I started working for a baby store and started college at Cal... I have become very poor. And very frugal and very obsessed about sales. I love to sale shop and I think the customers who come to our store are crazy since we rarely hold amazing sales, things are not cheap (unless you get a discount), and stuff is just pricey in general. We sell everything under the sun, but its not like they are amazing and you can't find this stuff for cheaper somewhere else. Because trust me, you can. Heck, even I find better deals at target for the same stuff. Well, now that I have taken a liking to thrifty shopping from pure college student poorness, I have become obsessed with making it work to my benefit. IE... get things free.

There are million of rebates, coupons and deals and steals out there and now I am even shopping for friends to help them save money! For instance, I bought $500+ dollars worth of toys this past Thursday, and it only cost $68 plus tax. Yeah, you heard me right. Say hello to santa! Well, at least for the toy drive kids.

I also learned where things are just useless to buy on sale. And why having a family makes it easier to sale shop. When I am married, I will have the super pantry and storage of things my family will need. With a Food Saver, coupons and newspaper in hand, I plan on raising a family on name brands (non generics), organic healthy foods, for a very low cost so that our savings will one day be 20% and not just the average american 5%. Now all I need is a husband and 2.4 children and possibly a medium sized dog lol. Oh the future!

Anyone in need of toys?

No comments:

Post a Comment