Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Am in Theater, Therefore I Am Surrounded By Drama

I am in Theater... which means I love to perform on the stage. Performing anywhere is fun... but on the stage is a world on its own. I am surrounded by Drama... its not always stage drama either...

I recently performed in, "A Christmas Carol", the musical, based on the beloved Charles Dickens novel. It was fun, however... now I know why nobody returns to this company to perform. It's dramatic and unprofessional to say the least.

I was apart of this company last season in High School Musical 2: Live on Stage, and I thought, it was a good time, dramatic, but still it was fun. And I thought, this is a big performance for them. This is their 10th year doing it. I was a little curious as to why nobody from the previous years were apart of the cast this year except for children, and I figured it out! Nobody wants to work with Dan after the disaster of a show he puts on. In the first show I did with him, it was classified as children's theater in my opinion. So I gave it the benefit of the doubt... this time around. This show just sucked. I had a speaking role, and I had some fun performing, and I loved the cast (most anyways), but the choreographer was a witch and the director was just not on his game and neither was the producer. This was an unprofessional environment if I ever saw one. With backstage throw downs, foyer fights and a failed attempt at lying to the cast over and over and over. We have closet alcoholics, and interesting theories. I made some new fabulous friends, and I will forever be great ful for that. But I have also learned the lesson, that some companies are just burn out companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment