Saturday, July 18, 2009

When you know....

So recently I made a trip to Toys R Us to buy a video game and some disney dvd's for my niece and brother. My venture should of taken me straight back to the video electronic section of TRU, which is usually in the back of the store or right or left of the entrance. However, this time, my travels to the electronics section was to the left, right past the Transformers toy collection. Oh boy, was that a great display. I just could not resist. With no cart, for whole purpose of me olny grabbing the 2 DVDs and 1 videogame, I diverted straight to the Bumblebee toys. I looked at the action figured, the gravity bots, quick change and animated versions. I even checked out the blaster arm, the voice changing helmet and the full bumblebee costume. But nothing sang "AHHHHHH", like this baby:


It changes from a car to the bumblebee. It's not the animated version. It looks just like the real bumblebee from the movie and it changes like him too. The best part is... it comes with Sam Witwicky, who sits on his arm and hides behind him. Just like the movie!! The box sang to me, I picked that baby up and checked him out, relayed through my head the reasons I had to have him and the reasons I shouldn't. But nothing has sang like angels to me like this toy. And it was a smacking $28.99 plus tax. Which was the biggest downer ever. But it didn't stop me and I continued my way to the Electronics section, grabbed the things I needed to buy and then checked out. Drove the 40 minute drive back to my apartment, proceeded to skip dinner, toss everything in a heap by the door and open my transformers toy.

It might sound like I am a ten year old boy, but nope, I am a 20 year old full fledged working/ schooling adult "girl". Who really has better things to spend her time and money on, like Itunes apparently. But I spent my paycheck on this baby.

However, after opening the box, and pulling out the directions. I came to the conclusion, that I really am getting old. That or the toy industry is making toys harder to play with. Because the car you see in the box is suppose to transform into this:



And that is what my toy did transform into.... but only after 96 minutes of trying. And I only know it took that long because I ran through an episode of Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Suite Life on Deck. And when I completed transforming this so called "toy", Kim Possible was already starting her morning classes. Which is usually 6 minutes into the show. So this is when it concluded to me... I have lost the touch to play. It was ridiculous. I sat there and tried to follow the directions over and over again. Now that I got it apart, I started to try to put it back together into the car, that is not happening. So the poor toy is going to sit contorted between half car and half robot. He got stuck...

This is when you know... you are too old for toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment