Friday, July 17, 2009

A Tad Obnoxious

So I recently went to watch this movie:


Except I watched it about 5 hours before the official release of it in the state of California at 12:01am, July 15.

I got lucky to have the connections to watch the Harry Potter movie before everyone else, for free, and while eating Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen and snacking on junk for free from the movie theater. All while 2000 people sat/stood waited in line to watch Harry Potter. There were people in line at 8am in the morning to get the best seats for the movie theater, and I went to watch the movie without having to wait and all before them. And to make it worst, I brought my two best friends and we walked out of the theater and spoiled the movie to every person waiting in line. It was obnoxious, but we did it.

Dani told me that she felt bad that we got to screen the movie in a private theater to ourselves while everyone else was waiting in line, excited they they were going to be the "first" to watch the movie. However, after the movie was over, it was her who made the first comment as we exited the movie theater. She flat our said, "I can't believe this Harry Potter Movie sucked so much, they cut so much from the book, I might as well have gone pee..", yes that is verbatim. Because I saw the hearts die of many overdressed, costume clad teenagers and adults who just went, "oh my goodness, they watched Harry Potter already and we are waiting in this dumb line, what the heck!", in the back of their minds.

And then Em and I continued the conversation in the bathroom, through the hallways and then started to make very random comments about the waste the movie was in our minds as we preceded to walk by crowds of people dressed like characters from the movie and waiting in line. It was a tad obnoxious, but a piece of me kind of enjoyed the glory of getting to watch it before everyone else did. And then proceed to walk out of the theater as they waited with such hope for a great movie to be thrust upon them.

I am going to be honest, I did not read any book after page 81 of the Prisoner of Azkaban. I got bored with it and threw it to the side. I started reading Harry Potter when I was about 8, when it was first released, before the craze came about. And I have never really bitten the HP crazy cake. I like some of the little toys, I have all the books and own the DVDs, but have yet to go all harry potter lover on the world. The movie was a bit confusing to me, I think if they were going to cut scenes out, they should of done it with better transitions, but that is just me. I was lost in the movie, all I knew from spoilers was that Dumbledor dies. So I was pretty much waiting for that. I personally think they spent too much time focusing on romance in the movie and not enough of the whole war of the bad and good. However, this is again, coming from someone who only read two lines of the 6th book. "Dumbledor is dead". And something else I don't remember.

Oh well, another movie disaster to ad to the movies I will buy because I can, not because I really care collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment