Saturday, July 4, 2009

No Regrets

Many things have changed in my life, many things have happened in the last 2 years of my life. Many of them have led to an increase in the amount of happy pills I wish I were taking. I have made many mistakes in my life, I have made many poor decisions and gone through with things that I knew I should of never done. But I have also learned from many of those mistakes, found solutions to other problems that I never thought could be fixed and found a piece of me.

However, through every trial, every mistake, every bad decision, every piece of my life that I have lived, I can say with all truth, that I don't regret any of it. How can you regret parts of your life that you have learned from, pieces of you that you will never get back. I truly believe that everything we go through in our life, gives us an opportunity to learn. I have made some poor decisions in my life, but they are things that I have now learned not to do. They are decisions that I know the consequences for now.

I have also hurt many people, I have been hurt by many people. I have honestly just stepped on people I didn't care about or pushed people I didn't know out of the way. But I have learned lessons about true friends, who stick it through and friends who are really there just to teach you a lesson, and move on. There are those friends, the ones that are just there to teach the lesson. I don't think you can say that having any friend is a bad thing. Nor can you say that you never learned anything from them. I have been burned on both ends of the bridge, many times over. But I will never regret being friends with that person. I may question my judgement and what I saw in the person, but I will never regret being friends with them, because we had good times, and probably many bad if we are no longer friends. But through it all, I learned something from that decision. Whether it be, how to make a better friend, how to be a better friend or even just the warning signs you have to look out for, I will have learned something from being their friend.

I promised myself a long time ago that I would never regret anything in my life, and I want to live to that promise until the day I die because, what is the point in looking back at something and regretting it. You can never change the past, you can't change the decisions that were made, you can't go back and fix them. So why dwell on the negative and keep kicking yourself, instead, find the small inkling of something positive and keep it with you, and then find the lesson you learned from the experience and remember not to repeat the mistake. Everything is a process, so make sure you keep that in mind when you go back and start regretting. Don't regret, learn and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment