Tuesday, July 14, 2009

High School Musical 2-- LIVE ON STAGE!


So I recently got the acting bug back. Its more the performing bug than the acting bug. But either way, I got back into performing on stage, and so I went out-- dragged by my friend "EM" to audition for a theater company for the production of High School Musical 2- Live on Stage.

Yes, I am talking about the snotty Disney Channel Craze of High School Musical, but on the stage. Jazz hands and all. The main cast was made up of mostly college age and beyond, but there were the few younger kids, who were really just thrown in their for some extra perky talent. Otherwise, Drama would not exist, and then what would be the point of being apart of the dramatic arts without "drama"?

Overall, it was a rather professionally run production. Anyone in the cast under the age of "16" became a big annoyance after day 2, and then after week 12, we wanted to lock them in a closet, but after that point had past, we closed our show with a bang and a rather filled audience. The economy is terrible, and the dramatic arts are feeling it.

Some new phrases that I would like to phase out of my head:

"We can work this out."

"Fabulous!"

"What time is it?"

"Music in me."

"Summertime!"

"All for one!"

The production was great and it gave me a great chance to make some new friends and find myself again. I really do love the stage and I have been apart of dramatic arts since I was 4, and performing in front of an audience for as long as I can remember. I might have been a timid and shy child growing up but you put me in front of an audience or a camera and I was a whole new kid. I guess that is why competitive sports never hindered me either, it was a different skin than me, and I could live with that. I gave up a lot when I decided to graduate school early. I am glad though that I have lived through what I have, its given me a new perspective, and increased patience, and a new confidence in myself.

I finally have friends around here, so I don't keep having to travel afar to see my friends. "Em, Kat, and Sher" have been a great group of friends here, and I am glad to have them. I am glad to find some new girlfriends around here to hang out with. Its been great and I thought I would share a fun cast picture on set with the directors, we are missing "Sharpay" and "Kelsi" and the "original Zeke", but it's still a great picture and shows our diverse and fun cast.

We might do another run of the show later this summer... and then we will move on to something new... but come out and see the show if you want some fun this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment