Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm Back!

Gosh... it has been a crazy summer. I hate being sick, and this summer seemed to chalk up a lot of sick days on my work tab. Gosh I am glad I have a flexible job. Or else, I might be very well dead and broke. I appreciate the essence of being back at school... but I don't really love what comes with it. Which is the moving to a new place. Starting new classes, looking for a new job. Making new friends, and once again struggling to balance every semblance of a well balanced life with well balanced meals and mental stability. Because really, when you are out of the house 12 hours of the day juggling annoying people, crazy professors, public transportation, the patience not to run someone over with your car and a lot of church activities, it doesn't get easy. It just gets harder. My new place is a mess. I am skipping meals for the pure convenience of not having to cook or clean, and have slept for 2 nights without a pillow because I simply can't find mine nor do I have time to go buy a new one at the store. Thank goodness I have a million towels.. they are soft, and catch the drool.

Oh Berkeley... how I am not in love with you. 2 years I have lived here. Going on year 3 here... moving on to a new level of education, a new degree, a new job... how you never change, even though I seem to grow up without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment